As our relationship with the smart phones is deepening, the smart phones are becoming more power hungry. More than often, the smartphones are left with little or no more power at the end of the day. This is where power bank comes into play to ensure that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
You can’t be always tethered to an external power supply/ socket given one’s busy schedule which is why carrying a power bank is always recommended. Most importantly, people who are always on the move – for them power bank is an essential and indispensable item.
Best 10000 mAh Power Bank
Needless to say, a back up power bank is a must have. However, a question that is being asked so frequently – which is the best power bank available in the market? There is a plethora of power banks flooding the market which is making the consumer spoiled for choice.
Here’s what we have for you – we have focused on 10,000 mAh power banks which has the capability to charge most of the smartphones fully to the tune of 100% at least twice or even thrice.
We have narrowed down and listed the best power banks in this category that can top up and deliver power to smartphones when it runs out of juice – this will make your buying process easy so that you make the right choice when it comes to buying a power bank.
The all-new RealMe power bank has 10,000mAh hi-density Lithium-polymer battery under its hood. One of the salient features of this phone is that it has 18W two-way fast charging – just to decode it means that you can quickly charge your phone as well as the power bank at the same time.
- It is a superbly stylish premium looking light weight power bank with curved design
- This 10,000mAh high-density Lithium polymer serves as a high-end power backup solution.
- It has the capability to retain up to 100% of its full capacity even after the completion of 500 recharge cycles.
- The power bank has advanced Type-C port which allows for a two-way fast charge – you can fast-charge your phone and the power bank together at the same time.
- The all unique Power Delivery (PD) feature in this power bank can even charge the laptops.
- It features an intelligent low-power mode to charge devices having such as wearables and smartwatches.
- It has USB type-A and USB type-C ports which helps you to charge two devices simultaneously
- Some consumers have raised a concern that this power bank has reduced capacity of 6000 mAh against the specification of 10,000 mAh
The Redmi Power Bank has 10,000 mAh capacity in its tank and sports a sleek design and comes with anti-slip texture around its edge.
- The best part is that this power bank can be charged via dual ports – one being Type C and the other – Micro USB cable and features dual USB output ports
- It has the capability to charge a 3000mAh phone battery 2.1 times & It will charge a 4000mAh phone battery 1.75 times
- It comes with domestic warranty of six months
- It has double USB output 5.1V/2.6A 10 Watts Fast Charge capability
- It is equipped with a feature that adjusts power output up to 10W to deliver fast and efficient charging all by itself – stealthily and intelligently without any human intervention
- The material used to construct this power bank is plasticky
- 10W output is a passé – some consumers have reported that the charging is slow because of 10W output
This product from Ambrane is a stylish and durable 10,000 mAh power bank – a perfect companion for all the all hodophiles and can serve you good when your device is devoid of power.
- This power bank is designed with a bit of intelligence and shaped to look like a capsule that makes it aesthetically appealing and most importantly, the capsule shape helps to carry along, grip and hold the power bank
- The construction of the outer casing is made from ABS plastic topped with a premium matte finish
- You can charge two devices together – alongside – thanks to the dual USB ports
- It takes 5 to 7 hours to fully recharge this power bank with 2A wall adapter / charger
- While charging two devices at the same time, the current output from the ports stands at 5V/ 2.4A
- You have peace of mind with its safety assurance claim as it houses integrated circuits having 9 layers of protection
- The battery discharges to the tune of 70% in a space of 2-3 days when unused
- The capacity/ strength of the power bank plummets with subsequent charge/ discharge cycle – it functions at reduced strength which is why it is not able to power up devices as it used to – say – after the first recharge of the power bank.
DUDAO Mini Linen is a compact and high-density durable polymer battery powered portable charger that fits in your palm. It comes with a battery capacity of 10000 mAh and is compatible with multiple devices. It weighs 288 grams and you can easily put it in your pocket or bag to charge any device on the go.
- The outer casing of this square shaped power bank is built with strong ABS plastic material and linen fabric making a style statement and is supremely attractive – bound to make heads turn around and cast a glance at this device
- DUDAO 10000mAh power bank is empowered with an intelligent circuit module that cuts off the output current when it cross a predefined safety threshold – thereby protecting your device at all times
- It supports the dual port functionality with output power of 5V/ 1A in one port and 5V/ 2A in another port – you can charge multiple devices at the same time – simultaneously
- It has input capacity of 5V/ 2A
- It comes in many colour variants
- You can rest assure – it has voltage fluctuation protection and over charge protection to ensure that preventive measures are well taken care of and negate any chances of explosion
- You have the option to attach a lanyard which make it convenient to carry
- The only drawbacks are the plastic body which is vulnerable to breakage or cracks if not handled properly
This power bank from Anker is the world’s smallest 10,000 mAh portable charger. It is good 20% lighter than other 10,000 mAh chargers weighing at 180 grams.
- You can charge your gadget faster with Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and Voltage Boost technologies combine to work in tandem and ensure lightning speed charge up to 2.4 amps
- Fret not as Anker’s Multi Protect safety system is committed to protection
- Under the hood of this Anker power bank are three battery cells. Any power bank which can harness extra power and energy requires more cells which is why Anker Powercore power bank comes with three battery cells generating an unmatched performance while charging
- The body is made from fire resistant poly carbonate to ensure that the device is safe and sound – without any compromise being done
- You cannot charge your device while charging the power bank – this is a desired feature of many customers.
- Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge.
Samsung brings to you this sleek power bank which has a capacity of 10000 mAh battery capacity. Available in vibrant colour palette which fits your budget and fits easily in your pocket.
- With its dual-port charging capability you can charge two devices simultaneously.
- Supports Quick Charge 2.0 that lets you to charge fast on the go
- Supports OCP functionality which ensures safety during the course of charging
- Features low current charging support which is compatible with a wide range of devices that gives you to charge almost anything at your disposal
- It features an amazing functionality wherein it averts overvoltage with OVP so that it can be recharged to full capacity in just 220mins in fast-charging mode without compromising on safety
- Some customers have reported that the power bank discharges and leaks out power when it is not being used.
This power bank is slim and compact design made of high-quality plastic is all poised to deliver power to any compatible device with its lithium polymer battery power bank having a capacity of 10,000 mAh
- The power output of this power bank fills up your device with full power in a shorter span of time
- Supports 2 USB Output: 1A / 2.1A
- Features 2 USB charging ports built in with Micro USB and Type C input
- The discreet LED light indicates the remaining battery level which comes handy at times
- It takes longer than usual to charge the power bank – takes about 20 hours to charge itself
Pebble Volt + is an ultra-slim and compact power bank weighing only 150 grams and 1 cm thick – this make it one of the sleekest power banks in its category of 10,000 mAh power banks.
Pebble Volt + is compatible with all electronic devices making it universally compatible
- Pebble Volt+ charges itself fast and powers up other devices blazingly fast as it has a recharging capacity of 5V/2.4A and supports12W fast charging
- This power bank is built for heavy usage as it is fortified with advanced 10-way circuit protection technology
- Supports charging multiple devices at the same time
- Supports Input Charge of 5V/ 2A
- Features Dual USB Outputs and Type-C and Micro-USB Input
- It takes a longer time to bring the power bank to full charge
- The quality of the cable leaves a lot to be desired
- The plasticky material that used in the construction of this power bank make it look less premium
Akai Power Buddy is a compact and portable power bank that can be easily tucked away in your pocket without any conspicuous bulge in your trouser. It has a plethora of features which you bank on to get rid of any anxiety that you may have when the battery level is low
- Akai Power Buddy comes with a built-in 10,000 mAh power capacity for charging any device – universal compatibility at its peak
- There are two input ports – a fast charging Type-C input and a Micro USB input for hassle free charging options
- It has a built-in digital display that helps you to read the remaining power status in your bank
- It features intelligent multi-protection circuit that incorporates six levels of protection thereby ensuring safety at the forefront
- There is a replacement warranty that is packed in with this product – you get peace of mind in the form of 12-months AKAI seamless and free Warranty that is applicable from the date of purchase
The power seeps out if you keep it unused for long – it will not be wise to think that the power bank will have 100% battery level after few days of non usage
Portronics ‘s Smart Power 10K is a super compact and light weighted power bank which you can easily carry around even in your pocket without making anyone notice it.
- This power bank comes with a 10,000 mAh capacity and houses the lithium polymer cells to render power and it is safer than lithium ion batteries
- It comes with 18W Type C Fast Charging. This 18W power delivery ensures that the devices are charged and powered up 50-70% faster
- It supports 5V/3A, 9V/2A and 12V/1.5A charging outputs that ensures efficient and quick charging for your devices.
- A top-notch feature that the power bank supports is 18-watt USB-C PD input/output and 18-watt Quick charge 3.0 input/output – this makes it a must buy as it tanks up more power in your power drained devices in a jiffy.
- It takes around 3.5 hrs to fully recharge itself with QC adapter.
- You get 12-months warranty with this BIS certified product
- It charges all 5V devices
- The moment you plug in or use it, the 6 levels of safety protection is always pressed into service to give you the best in class experience by ensuring safety
- Some consumers have reported that it is bit bulky
- The ABS plastic that is used in the making of the body or the casing looks little dull and diminishes its appeal
What factors should one consider and evaluate while buying a power bank?
With so many options in the market for a consumer, it has broadened the span of our choice which is why you need to pay heed to attributes that necessitate to make the right decision.
Here’s what we have done – a list of important factors is curated for you which you need to consider before you purchase the power bank.
As a thumb rule, the capacity of the power bank should be almost double the battery capacity of the smartphone in terms of mAh. The bigger the better which translates to higher the mAh of the power bank, the bigger is the capability to charge more smart phones.
On the flip side, a bigger capacity power bank comes with the following drawbacks:
1) It weighs more than the lesser capacity power banks
2) It takes a longer duration to charge itself to render power to the recipient devices
3) More than likely, it takes more space and make room for it
4) It is cumbersome when it comes to portability
It is recommended to ponder on the attributes – weight, dimensions and shape and review before you unbox a power bank in your bag.
Safety should be given precedence and should be at the top of the priority pyramid. It is always recommended to buy a power bank loaded with high energy density polymer cell. Stakes are high for a power bank to explode if the Lithium-Polymer (Li-Po) battery is of low grade due to overcharging. Li-Po power banks weigh less than Li-ion (Lithium-Ion) power banks of the same mAh – power banks that houses Li-Po power banks are lighter in weight and compact.
One shouldn’t compromise with safety which is why you need to invest in a power bank that promises safety assurance.
There are power banks available in the market that features built in protection against electrical surges, short circuits, discharging and over charging. These power banks might be tad costlier, but it is definitely propitious.
Connectivity Ports and LED Indicators
Connectivity ports and LED indicators are vital things that you need to prioritize and should feature in your check list. Consumers are hungry for more ports – as such, the power bank should be capable enough to power up more than one device at a time which is why look for a power bank that has two charging ports or more to future-proof your power bank.
Own a power bank that features LED indicators which can give you a sense of charging status or battery level or remaining battery capacity. It would be great to spend your dime on a power bank that has digital power display that gives you real-time and accurate information of the available battery capacity in the power bank.
Gauge the Ampere rating
It will also help to make an informed decision should you know a thing or little about the ampere count. It can tell a lot about how fast the power bank can quickly and efficiently juice up the devices. Typically a power bank has ampere rating in the range of 1 A to 3.5 A. Hence, a power bank with higher ampere count can juice up the devices in a jiffy.
What does the mAh Capacity of a power bank mean?
Power Banks have their capacity measured and rated in mAh. The abbreviation mAh stands for milliamps per hour.
In other words, it is the unit that indicates the duration (per hour) the power bank can deliver a certain amount of current (mA).
Other way round, it is a measure of how much charge is stored in the power bank.
As per the industry standard, the total collective charge stored in the power bank denotes its capacity.
To make things clearer, a standard adapter that is provided with a smartphone has output capacity of 1000 mA which means that the smartphone is loaded up with 1000 mAh after charging for an hour.
Hence, you can charge your smartphone ten times with the help of a 10,000 mAh power bank.
The bottom line is bigger the mAh of the power bank, the more it can charge your smart phone.
How long does it take for the Power Bank to tank up to full charge?
It depends on the capacity (mAh) of the Power Bank. Few power banks available in the market sports LED lights which indicates the estimated remaining battery life.
Is it safe to charge smartphones multiple times a day using a power bank?
Yes, it is safe to charge your smartphone multiple times a day using a power bank
What’s the shelf life or the lifespan of a Power Bank?
Like any other device, the power bank needs to be taken care of and stored in a cool and dry place. Most importantly, it is recommended to keep it away from sunlight, heat sources and humidity or moisture.
Depending on the usage and the recharge/ discharge cycles, your power bank is optimized to last long.
How often can I charge my smartphone with a power bank?
It depends on the capacity of the power bank and also, the capacity of battery of the smart phone.
A smartphone has 5000 mAh battery under its hood and a 10,000 mAh power bank is used to charge this smartphone. All the power bank can do is fully charge the smartphone – 2 times
Voila, there you have it!
Now you know what a power bank is and how indispensable a device it is. You know what are the factors that you need to consider before buying a power bank.
In this day and age, there has been a surge in the demand of power banks not only to power up smartphones but also other electronic devices. To keep stress levels at bay, tuck away a power bank in your bag and carry it along wherever you go so that you can bank on the power bank to power up your smartphone before the battery level plummets to 1% and never say “battery about to die” – never again !