Looking for an affordable power bank that serves the purpose without stressing out your pockets? Power banks are becoming increasingly popular and rank second among the most sought-after gadgets. Smartphone manufacturers have upgraded their battery life. However, sometimes a good battery may die in the most crucial moment.
Best Power Bank Under 500
Power banks provide for power backup in case of emergencies. It is one of the handiest gadgets that you can easily carry with you. They are essential accessories when you go on trips, picnics or camping. Also, power banks have formed a part of everyday life, saving us from emergencies. Finding a good power bank with ideal configurations within 500 can be challenging.
We have listed the 10 best power banks under 500 that will meet your specifications and budget. The under 500 range may not have premium ones, but they will help you with additional power whenever you need it.
pTron Dynamo Lite offers a 10000 mAh classic power bank with dual input and output. It comes with a top-quality Li-polymer battery and is incredibly lightweight. It is slim and stylish with a massive power backup capacity. It is ideal for work, travelling and camping. Charge your phone up to 2-3 times with this amazing power bank from pTron.
- It has a slim design with a superior chipset and robust ABS exterior.
- The dual USB-A feature delivers 2.1A power output to ensure fast charging.
- The micro USB and USB-Type C ports provide two-way charging which is convenient and reliable.
- It facilitates the charging of two devices at the same time.
- It offers multiple protection to ensure stable and safe charging.
- It has only one USB port
Ambrane Capsule 10k offers a lithium polymer high-density power bank with 10000 mAh capacity. It is an ideal backup power gadget for all your tablets, mobiles and other devices. The elongated design and dual output features provide the best of both worlds. The ABS plastic built with a high-quality matte finish ensures a sleek design with optimum durability.
- It charges your iPhone up to 4.6 times and android devices up to 2.16 times.
- The 2A wall charger facilitates fast charging of the power bank.
- It also provides a dual USB port at 5V/2.4A output.
- It has nine multiple layers of protection with top-quality chipsets.
- It has a warranty period of only 180 days and no torchlight.
Keep your electronic devices always charged with this incredible steal from Zinq. Never miss an important call with this high-density power bank with 10000 mAh capacity. It comes with Micro USB inputs, USB-C, 10000 mAh Li-Polymer battery and multiple layers of protection. You can now safely charge your smart gadgets anytime, anywhere.
- It has dual input charging facilities with C-Type and micro USB options.
- It comes with 2 USB ports, led charging indicators, and intelligent chipset.
- It also has an 18W power delivery to ensure 50-70% fast charging of your devices.
- It has a compact and sturdy mini size.
- It offers protection from voltage or current overloads, short circuits and overheating.
- It may heat up a bit while continuously charging your phone.
Syska PO550X provides a high-density polymer cell with a compact design. It offers optimum protection from discharge and overcharge problems. It is pocket friendly and comes with a textured, sleek design. It is incredibly lightweight and compatible with all mobile devices and tablets.
- It has advanced multi-purpose circuits, intelligent current shunt, and prolonged battery life.
- It offers discharging and overcharging protection.
- It is multi-compatible and comes with 2 DC 5V input capacity.
- The battery capacity is only 5000 mAh
Ambrane PP-501 is a compact pocket size power bank with a 5000 mAh Li-Polymer battery. The textured finish and premium design is a treat to the eyes while the power capacity is commendable. It is a perfect blend of performance, functionality and compactness.
- It can charge your iPhone up to 1.65 times and android up to 1.1 times.
- The scratchless exterior and pocket-size design offer optimum functionality.
- It has universal compatibility and nine layers of intelligent chipset protection.
- The charging capacity is less than the premium power banks.
The Urbn Power Bank comes with a core lithium polymer battery of 10000 mAh capacity. It offers great durability by providing the same efficiency in each use. The 2.1 Amp feature ensures fast charge at lightning speed to keep you on the go always.
- No more issues of queuing your smart devices as it comes with dual input features.
- It doesn’t need you to plug your devices for hours due to its fast charge feature.
- The LED feature will indicate the power status to help you schedule your next charge and usage.
- It comes with 4-level advanced protection and Type-C input facilities.
- It is a bit bulky compared to other power banks.
Zinq technologies bring another star product under the 500 range. Zinq Technologies Z10KPB has sufficient power capacity to facilitate multiple charges to take you through the day. The smart technology delivers flawless compatibility with all mobiles devices, tablets, smartwatches, Bluetooth headphones and Airpods.
- It has a maximum input of 5V/2A capacity and output of 5V/2.4A capacity.
- It has twin USB outputs and dual inputs. It is compatible with Micro or Type-C inputs.
- It has a six-layer protection feature to prevent safety from overloads, short circuits and wrong insertions.
- It may take a while to charge your phone.
Whether you are a teenager or tech-savvy person always glued to your phone, Lapguard Lithium-Ion has got you covered. Never run out of power when you need it most and answer all your important calls or notifications. It is pocket friendly and comes with a convenient LED indicator.
- It can charge a 4000 mAh mobile battery 1.8 times and a 3000 mAh mobile battery 2.4 times.
- It provides 5V|2A fast charge with 10 Watts single or dual USB output.
- It offers protection from Surge voltage, high temperature, EMF, and reverse protection.
- The charging capacity may be lower than the other premium products.
Give your mobile and other devices a quick power backup with iBall power bank. This ideal companion has always got your back whether you have gone for travelling or an adventure trail. It offers a seamless dual charging facility and super slim design.
- It is incredibly lightweight and serves as the perfect companion for your travel days.
- It has impressive speed, great functionality and high-performance features.
- It will charge a 4000 mAh phone battery 1.75 times to keep you going through the day.
- It comes with an LED indicator and power life.
Now stay connected at all times with Veger W1059 power bank. Whether you are at work or travelling with your friends or family, this power bank will never let your device turn off. The blast-free 10000 mAh Li-Polymer battery cell will keep you safe always. It comes with 2 USB ports and universal compatibility with all devices.
- It supports multi-device charging and comes with a super sturdy built.
- The premium exteriors and the powerful battery provides a secure power backup.
- It comes with intelligent power output and LED charging indicator.
- The weight of the power bank may seem bulky for some people.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Power Bank Under 500
Our listed power banks will help you get the best power bank that suits your budget and power backup needs. Before buying a power bank, you need to check for some essential features —
The first important consideration is finding a power bank that matches the battery capacity of your smart device. A tablet needs a higher charging capacity than a mobile phone. Also, some smartphones may take longer to charge than others. To find the perfect power bank, you need to check the specification of your smart device.
Modern mobile phones come with a 3000 mAh battery capacity mostly. To completely charge your device, the charge capacity of your power bank must exceed the capacity of the gadget to be charged. You can buy a 5000 mAh or 10000 mAh power bank to charge your device fully without any issues.
The second important consideration is the rate at which the power bank can deliver the charge. This factor impacts the charge time and efficiency. You need to check the specifications to understand the current delivery rate of the power bank. Most phones nowadays can take about one amp of charge current while tablets can go up to 2.5 amps.
The lower the rate of maximum current provided by the power bank, the longer will be the charging time. Some power banks come with multiple outputs. However, you must understand that all the output will not have the maximum current at the same time. If you want a fast charge facility, opt for a power bank with greater output current.
Size and weight
The weight and size of the power bank is another crucial consideration that you need to consider. If you want a power bank that will serve as your travel buddy, then opt for a lightweight and compact one. There are many sleek power banks available under the 500 price range that will fit in your pocket easily. However, power banks with greater capacities are usually on the heavier sides.
Number of Ports
In the initial days, power banks used to come only with a single output port. However, with the advancement of technology and the popularity of power banks, they now have dual or multiple ports. Most well-known brands provide a dual output port to meet your specifications.
You should check the output current rate for both the ports and whether they are sufficient for your device. When you charge multiple devices at the same time, each port may not deliver the maximum output current capacity. The current will be divided between the ports and hence slow down the output rate.
Power banks with an LED light indicator are the best in the market. It will help you know the time remaining to charge your device and help you plan your activities for the day. However, all power banks don’t have this feature. Most premium power banks come with an indicator.
Fast charging is another essential criteria to look for while buying a power bank. There are many brands that offer lightning speed and high performance to charge your smart devices effectively. However, this feature is more suited to high-end brands. Only limited brands under 500 will provide a fast charging option.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I go for a branded power bank?
Branded options are always better, even though they may seem pricey. Branded power banks will never compromise on safety and durability. The battery durability, charge time, build quality, and charging efficiencies are always better in a branded product. Buy from authorized dealers to be ensured of the quality. It is always safe to go with tried and tested products when it comes to electronic devices.
2. Are power banks with bigger capacities better than the smaller ones?
Smaller ones can also perform the same task of charging your phone in case of emergencies. The charge conversion rate and efficiency will determine the functionality of the product. A 5000 mAh power battery can help you get through your weekend trips without any problems. If a 30000 mAh battery falls under the higher price range, you can always opt for a 5000 mAh power bank.
3. Which mAh battery power bank should I opt for?
The answer to this depends on your needs and preference. If you want to charge your phone throughout the day or charge multiple devices, a power bank with a higher capacity will be better. However, a higher mAh power bank will be heavier on your pocket. You can easily find a 10000 mAh power bank under the 500 price range. Power banks with a capacity higher than 10000 mAh are premium ones and hence not affordable.
4. Which is better — Lithium-ion or Lithium-polymer battery?
Lithium-ion technology has been in the market for many years and is readily available. However, Lithium Polymer batteries are more slim, compact and lightweight compared to Li-ion ones. They offer similar charging experiences. However, li-polymer is an advanced technology. Li-Po batteries are also known to have better longevity than the Li-on power banks.
Choosing the best power bank can be difficult considering the different specifications and performance level. They come in various sizes, design and shapes. You need to find the right battery capacity and technology. A power bank is a necessity in our ever-dynamic world. Owning a power bank will save you from emergencies and keep you connected to your work and friends.
Consider all the important factors and scroll through our listed products to arrive at the right choice. Always go for a power bank with ideal safety standards and adequate warranty period.